What's growing in the garden now?

22:59 1 Comments A+ a-

I will share stories about my plants and my gardening activities through this blogI dreamed of having a productive garden, so that the harvests can be used for everyday needs. Thus, I can consume more healthy and more fresh foods.

I have 3 garden plots; in front of the house, beside the house and behind the house. Garden plot behind the house is big enough, there is a mango tree and a red flowering tree that I do not know the name. While the garden at the front and side of my house is quite small in size. Currently, I'm planting some vegetables and herbs in the garden beside the house.


Chives
Initially, this chives is given by my mother when visiting me in Makassar. This plant is easily propagated. I just separates clumps of plants to another pot, and let the plants grow new shootsI often use   chives as a mixture of  omelet or sprinkle it on soup.
Pumpkin
To be honest, I have never bought pumpkin seeds. I only sow seeds  from a pumpkin that I bought in the market.

Lime
I bought this lime  a year ago. These plants almost died because of the drought (it was my fault !!) and is attacked by caterpillars. But in the end these plants can survive after being treated well.
Lemongrass
I have three groves of lemon grass, and this is one of them. Just like the chives, lemon grass is also very easy to breed. Only by separating the existing grove, lemon grass will grow on its own. Lemongrass is a plant that can survive in drought, and resistant to insects. This plant can also be used as a natural pesticide to repel fleas existing in vegetable crops.
Pandan leaves
Pandan leaves is one herb that is commonly used in Asian kitchen. Pandan leaves generally used to give flavor to desserts. I often add it when cooking rice in order to get a more aromatic rice.


1 comments:

Write comments
Wahab Saputra
AUTHOR
25 December 2015 at 16:38 delete

Which is certainly not a tree jengkol...
Hehehe...

Reply
avatar